Looking for a great seafood substitute? Zucchini crab cakes just might fit the bill! Join us at 5:30pm on Wednesday, May 8 for Meat Free Meals — you’ll get a hands-on demonstration about how to prepare this dish, as well as extra information about zucchini and why it’s good for you.
Can’t make it to the program? Here’s the recipe:
- Squeeze moisture out of grated zucchini, using paper towels.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the egg replacer and water – this serves as the egg in the recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, “egg”, and Earth Balance. Stir in crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.